Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Day

Christmas at Beanie's was awesome. She made banana pancakes with walnuts for all 17 dogs and me! Then we went for a long walk with dogs running everywhere, and me snowboarding on the road. So much fun! The dogs all stayed with us because Beanie has a pocket full of treats so when they came back to check in, they got a tasty liver bite! When I came back to check in she gave me a Gummy Bear! The dogs and I had a race back to the house and of course I won because I slid under the door and they had to wait for Beanie to open the glass door before they could come in. They all had their noses sniffing under the door trying to figure how I did it. I told them they would have to make themselves flat if they wanted to do that trick.

There is so much snow here in Homer and snowboarding is great. My flat body glides over the moguls. The sun came out for a few hours but it is mostly dark all the time in Alaska this time of year. The dogs were tired after our hike so everyone crashed by the fire for a nap.

Beanie made us all a turkey dinner with gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing and gingerbread cookies.

I am so full and so are the doggies. For a snack before bed I had a piece of French Chocolate Cake with vanilla ice cream. If I keep eating like this I will soon become round instead of flat! Yikes!

Beanie gave me an awesome book for Christmas that I've had my nose in all afternoon! It's called Avatars of Gaia - the Escape from Hazard Hollow.

I love it and want to take it back to Ohio to share with 3-D Josh. He will love it too! Beanie says she will mail me home in an envelope so I won't have to change buses so many times and I will get there much faster. Plus, I can take my new book with me in the envelope!

We placed ads on the radio stations to try and find Tully, Jake & Zach's dog. No one called us back though and Beanie said it's because it's Christmas and who's listening to the radio anyway? I've been surveying the area trying to figure out where a silly yellow lab might wander and am formulating a rescue plan for tomorrow if he doesn't come home tonight.

Stay tuned! But for tonight Flatman Josh is signing off.
Goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment