Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's at TBTB Dog Camp

When I first arrived in Homer it snowed for three straight days. And now it is frigid cold, below zero at -10 tonight. Yikes, Flatman Josh is not used to this. I have no warm clothes so am cuddling with the dogs at TBTB Dog Camp, and wearing a hat and gloves that Beanie loaned me. We stayed in today, only going out long enough to let the doggies go pee and then running back to the warmth of the woodstove. Even the dogs won't stay out because their feet start hurting right away when the ice gets stuck between their pads.

Last night we celebrated the New Year at exactly 12 o'clock by getting in bed with 7 dogs (and 6 on the floor beside the bed), covering up with the down comforter, turning out the lights and watching the fireworks next door. They were so cool. The dogs were a little nervous about the noise until we told them everything was okay and they went to sleep.

This morning for breakfast Beanie made me a bacon sandwich on naan bread with homemade Chai tea. Nom, Nom!
She boiled some ginger, peppercorns; cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks and whole cloves together and then added milk with a little German rock sugar. The tea was so good, not as sweet as the pre-made stuff. I loved it and it's much better for me.

This afternoon Betty Cocker invited me to share the ottoman with her but first she had to smell me. She is nice and cuddly.
After a while I moved over to Woody's chair and lay on his back for a while. He didn't mind at all.

Before we went out Beanie got some gloves for me and also loaned me her new hat sent from an artist in Poland! It is made of wool, really warm and crazy looking!
Tonight we will once again get into bed with 7 doggies under the down comforter but only 4 will be on the floor because Bear & Mikke, the sheep dogs went home today.

I've had a truly fine time in Alaska. I’m sad because I have to leave on Tuesday so that I can get home in time to start school after Christmas break. It’s always sad to say goodbye but I am excited to see my Mom, Dad, Bradford and Sunshine. I have missed them very much. I can't wait to tell them and all my friends about my big adventure to Alaska, the Greatland. The good news is Beanie is mailing me back so I will get there in two days. Plus I get to take my new book home to share with everyone.

Next time I want to visit in the summer so we can take the dogs on a trail walk to the beach, eat pizza on the spit and go halibut fishing.

Happy New Year!
Flatman Josh signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment